Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: I spent too much money today :-(

  1. #1
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm a college student on a fixed income, so I really shouldn't be spending money. BUT...

    My apartment is really dark, so today I wanted to buy a lamp. My limit is $30. First, Target. Nope, they were totally cleaned out of EVERYTHING. I mean, the shelves were barren. Besides, what they had on display wasn't too great, either. Home Depot next. They had a really good lamp for $30, but of course, it wasn't in stock. All of their other lamps were $80 plus. So I put put to Osh across the street and, ta da! A perfect lamp--except that it was $40. Oh well, buy the lamp, head home, build it.

    Go online, check out my AG sites. Go over to Dolliesdressmaker to pine for the Josefina dress I really want (the red one with white polka dots) but it's gone! DARN DRAT DARN. You have NO idea how often I plan on buying a dress, and then miss out! For instance, I'm always bookmarking ebay auctions (like Nann's) and then I forget the deadline and miss it. D'oh! I mean, I know this is my own stupidity/forgetfulness, but it's still sad.

    But wait! Here's another super-cute Josefina dress, and there's only one, so...Of course I have to buy it. Poof, there goes another $40. Oh well. I mean, it's worth it right? I'm SO tired of missing out! So I had to get this one today, even though I know my pocketbook won't thank me later.

    The dress I got: http://www.dolliesdressmaker.com/sto...g.asp?item=373

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, oh, oh----that is SOOOOO PRETTY!!!! Congratulations! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    (If it had been me, I would have bought it, too! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ) [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Wink

    I know what you mean! I don't know what to tell you though because I still have this problem. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    That dress is very pretty! I recently bought 2 dresses from this seller and they are extremely beautiful and well worth it!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member uktmw's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is a BEAUTIFUL dress. And it looks like a Bargain as it has so much detail. I especially like the wooden beads! You'll have to take picts of it on your Josefina when it arrives (maybe in time for the Easter Parade!)

  6. #6
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    That's a gorgeous dress! I'm happy you were able to get. I guess you can just eat mac and cheese for a while. [img]wink.gif[/img] It'll be worth it, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, more chili mac for me (that's what my boyfriend and I eat--a lot) and eating at home. I think it'll be worth it. Besids, I'm usually very good. And I worked out today. I'll just consider it my own personal reward for working hard [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hee hee - I don't even have a Josefina yet. I'm still waiting until I have a job. But she's so pretty, I can't resist buying outfits in advance [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .
    Plus, this seller does such a great job, it's hard to say no!

    Prasnlrd - what dresses did you get? Did you like them?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BohemianMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 8th, 2006
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My words of advice: Top Ramen

    I'd rather buy dolls and DVDs then eat out, but that's just me. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    ETA: This is Mare as in MareGathersWords and many other names. Now that I am able to go back to "Mare" online, this will be the last name change. The stalker saga hath ended! *happy dances to Star Wars theme*

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 08, 2006 09:20 PM: Message edited by: BohemianMare ]</font>

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would have bought that dress if I had Josefina!It is gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •